Monday, May 11, 2015

A Double Standard

A short post this time on maximizing a unit's usefulness.

In this case Alternative Armies Orc Lifeguards painted as the Blues,


forming part of the Household cavalry brigade, 


or, Colonial rebel dragoons as needed.

The "sameness" of late 18th, early 19th century uniforms often requires only duplicate standard bearers with different flags.

In this case I was able to craft a flag to serve both forces.

Hope this sparks some ideas for multi-purposing some of your figures.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I've been away for some time and am catching up on you all now. Now we all know I only paint, but I have learned a bit about gaming over the last couple of years. So I do understand why this would be a useful tool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite! Your painting skills are inspirational may I add!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks. So far they have proved most useful. The flag is new though. I never really liked the one I had come up with previously so waited for inspiration to strike.

      Delete